LEGAL WISDOM AT YOUR DISPOSAL
About Helen Clifford Law:
Helen Clifford is a multi-award winning personal injury solicitor
Helen has a passion for securing justice for those who have been injured or treated unfairly, particularly in the workplace.
Her clients are at the heart of everything Helen does.
Helen is renowned for acting against high level organisations and has won cases against, for example, the Ministry of Defence, Crossrail and law firms, major construction companies and insurers.
She has extensive expertise in dealing with complex, high value claims involving a range of injuries including brain injury, spinal cord injury, fatal accidents, amputation and orthopaedic injuries, and has particular expertise in dealing with complex, contested claims.
Helen has a particular interest in acting for clients who have suffered a spinal cord injury and helping them to rebuild their lives, which is why she is delighted to sponsor Claire Lomas MBE and to support the work of The Back Up Trust.
She is considered to be a formidable opponent.
Helen has a particular interest and expertise in dealing with claims arising from accidents in the construction industry. She is regarded as an expert in the field and is frequently invited to speak on the subject. She is the “go to” solicitor for accidents on large transport infrastructure projects and acted for the parents of the only person who has been fatally injured during the construction of Crossrail, Rene Tkacik.
Helen is a versatile solicitor. During her career she has been consulted in relation to a whole range of matters, including defamation, partnership and pension disputes. Helen is a litigator who is proud to act for a diverse range of clients including individuals, charities and campaign groups. She was also an adviser to The Rt. Hon. Sir Desmond de Silva Q.C.
Helen is ranked in the Legal 500 and recommended by Chambers
In addition to her fee earning work, Helen campaigns for improved health and safety in the workplace. She is a director of the London Hazards Centre and legal adviser to the Construction Safety Campaign and Families Against Corporate Killers (FACK). She was honoured to be a guest speaker at the Hazards Conference 2017 and at International Workers’ Memorial Day in London in 2018.
Her awards include:
- AI 2018 Global Excellence Awards- Most influential woman in Personal Injury Law 2018-UK
- UK Personal Injury Lawyer of the year 2018 (Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards 2018)
- Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Law firm of the year (Lawyer Monthly Legal Awards 2017)
- UK Personal Injury Lawyer of the year 2016 (Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards 2016)
LEGAL WISDOM AT YOUR DISPOSAL
Helen’s work is regularly in the news including:
- Daily Mail article – 03 Nov 2017
- The Guardian article – 20 Jan 2017
- Daily Mail article – 28 Oct 2016
- The Guardian article – 05 Oct 2016
- Daily Mail article – 04 Oct 2016
Hunt led by Princess Diana’s sister sued after one of its staff assaulted a legal observer
Rene Tkacik, Successful conviction of Joint Venture Firms BFK by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE)
- Interviewed by the BBC London
- Firms fined £1m for safety breaches – BBC News – 28 July 2017
- Contractors fined £1 million over worker’s death – ITV News – 28 July 2017
- Firm fined £1m over worker’s death and other safety breaches – Guardian – 28 July 2017
- Firms fined over £1m after worker was crushed by concrete – Evening Standard – 28 July 2017
- Contractors fined over death of worker – Sky News – 28 July 2017